To all participants of the Laugh and a Half Marathon,
With the current COVID-19 conditions and health measures in Northeast Nebraska, the committee decided that the most important factor is the health and safety of participants, volunteers and spectators. After much debate, the decision has been made to transition the 10th Annual Laugh and a Half Marathon to a virtual race.
We are excited to still be able to hold the race, but in a new way, and hope that you are equally as excited!
Details About the New Virtual Race:
• Route: The race route is now your choice! We do encourage runners to run the same route on the beautiful Cowboy Trail, however, but you may run the designated distance any where you wish, including a treadmill, if desired. Virtual races (5K, 10K,1/2 Marathon, & Kids Fun Run ) can be run anytime between 12:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 7 through 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
• Cost: The cost to register for the Virtual Race will remain the same until registration closes on Friday, June 19 (no price increase on June 1 as originally advertised).
• Registration Deadline: The deadline to register has been extended to June 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
• Donations: Donations and proceeds from the race will continue to benefit pediatric needs in Northeast Nebraska.
• T-shirts: Our super-soft, awesome t-shirts will still be included as part of participant registration!
• Awards: Medals will still be awarded to all half-marathon participants. Medals and monetary prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers of the halfmarathon Virtual Race. Medals will still be awarded to the 1st place runner in each male and female age division of the 5K, 10K, half-marathon, and Kids Fun Run
• Packet Pick-up/Delivery: A packet, t-shirt and medal drive through pick-up event will be held on Friday, June 26. Designated pick-up times will be assigned by last name and by appointment. More details TBA. Shipping will be available to participants unable to attend the packet pick-up event.
For Participants Registered Before May 20: All race participants registered before May 20 are automatically transferred to the Virtual Race. However, in order to submit your race results (i.e. time) and receive e-mail and text alerts for the Virtual Race, YOU MUST ENABLE THIS OPTION IN YOUR REGISTRATION ACCOUNT. To enable results submission:
• Log into your user (profile) account used to register and select “Manage Registration”
• Virtual Race will appear as one of your management options • Select the option to enable text or email results In your account, you may also manage your current race status to:
• Change your current race to a different Virtual Race Distance (fees may apply) • Update shipping information (if needed) for race packet, shirt, and medal mailing
• Request a full refund. In order to receive a refund, you must complete the request by June 1 at 11:59 p.m.
Any additional questions can be emailed to [email protected] and will be answered in the order that they are received. On behalf of the Laugh and A Half Marathon Committee, Faith Regional Health Services, The New 94ROCK and Norfolk Iron & Metal, we truly appreciate your support and your commitment to health and wellness! We pray that you are safe and well, and that you have a great virtual race! Run your mask off, The Laugh and a Half Marathon Committee.